JA Cyprus programmes are supported by amazing mentors from the business world who advise students and share with them their knowledge and experience, entrepreneurial skills and competencies.
A working knowledge of some aspect of Sales, Marketing, IT, Finance, HR and/ or Company Administration is needed to become a Business Mentor. Please note that mentors do not need to be entrepreneurs themselves, and the role is not to run the company on behalf of the students, rather it is to advise, encourage, facilitate and build trust.
Through volunteering, mentors gain a variety of benefits, including:
- Moral satisfaction generated from their contribution to youth learning advancement
- Networking opportunities with eventual future employees and colleagues
- Reinforcement of managerial expertise, communication and teamwork skills
- Self-enhancement opportunities
- Access to innovative educational programs and teaching practices
- Certificate of participation
Interested in becoming a mentor?
All you need is your enthusiasm to inspire students! JA Cyprus will provide you with information about each of its programmes.
The JA Cyprus Company programme, which helps students gain experience of business through running their own company, is currently recruiting volunteer business mentors to support teams. If you are interested in becoming a mentor to JA programmes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org